Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A lot to smile about:)

We've got good milk transfer and Lillian is overjoyed! 


Continuing on from the last post...

Monday, May 2 - Lillian gives me 2 good latches all day.  Much better than the weekend!  I am thankful for the progress.  I tried fiddling with the Supplemental Nursing System and the Medela contact nipple shield to see if that would encourage her along, but they just made things more difficult.  I ultimately got her to latch without the extra contraptions.  But I was willing to try anything to move her forward.  Turned out, less is more in this instance.

Tuesday, May 3 - A fabulous day for breastfeeding Lillian, even though it was a bad day for politics:(  We are 5 days post-PTT release and we had 6 good latches.  And I was even considering "quitting" just so I could get back to the myriad of tasks that have been pushed aside.  But the perseverance has paid off.  Lillian is figuring it out.  What a blessing!  We are so thankful for all the prayers.  They have been felt and the results are tangible.

I can transfer milk and I'm happy!

Wednesday, May 4 - The progress continues.  Lillian is latching and staying on for long feeds with lots of audible swallowing.  Now we just have to figure out how to balance weaning off of bottles and pumping and still make sure she is getting enough.  God is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment